SOLVED Using the new DDNS feature

Hedloff

Jun 7, 2004
Up north!
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
So you know you have made a new feature, well not new anymore...
And know that its not working at all, anywhere and still launch it anyway?

Why not Just remove it when nothing works!

And you guys use the time to focus on new gui without icons.......

Last edited:

Hedloff

Jun 7, 2004
Up north!
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Hedloff - currently there isn't a workaround for the error happening after the call has been used once. Is this the error you're reporting in the other thread you have opened? I'm not sure what errors you're seeing with the IP address so I haven't been able to do my testing.

Hedloff

Jun 7, 2004
Up north!
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Updated the other thread with manual IP function not working when creating dynamic DNS.
So nothing about Dynamic DNS is actually working.

So get it prioritized and fixed, or just remove the whole feature as it's just causing support for us from our customers.

jjozwik

Registered
Jul 21, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@alepaes - thanks for the detailed reply. Would you happen to be doing this work on a CloudLinux system? If so, can you check out our article here to see if that helps with your situation?

This is the work around:

Workaround
The following workaround can be implemented safely as it effectively adds the same line to the Apache configuration in the same place that it is on unaffected servers.

1. In WHM, navigate to Apache Configuration Include editor. Select the "Pre Virtualhost Include" for "All Versions".

WHM Home » Service Configuration » Apache Configuration » Include Editor

2. Edit the file and add the below syntax. ( The following should be on one line, as this is very important. )

ProxyPass /cpanelwebcall/ http://127.0.0.1:2082/cpanelwebcall/ max=1 retry=0