The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Webalizer & Awstats produces incorrect stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sportbikes, Nov 18, 2003.

1. sportbikes

sportbikes Member

I have WHM set to use Analog, webalizer and Awstats.

In CPanel the stats represented in these 3 seperate programs are completely different. I would think there should be a minor difference due to the different times that they are updated, but I'm speaking of Webal,izer showing 120,000+ pages for the month and Awstats showing 931,000 pages for the month. I know that the Awstats are closer to what is really happening, but now I wonder if the true stats are the 2 combined.

DOes anyone know how these are run and if there is a conflict in running more than one set of stat programs? or a way to space out the time at which they are run?

One thought is that the stats for webalizer are stopped when Awstats start, creating a short read.

Mike

2. sloop

sloop Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

anyone figure this out? i am having similar problems.

3. sportbikes

sportbikes Member

I decided to use only Awstats, which seems to have a bit more info. Once I switch to that one exclusively, I had not more problems.

I now face acess logs that are to big. they exceed the 2GB file size limit that CPanel imposes in about 15 days. CPanel doesn't rotate logs. The only option is to delete them after processing, but I keep them for future off line processing.