Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Using WHM backup & NFS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mpope2, Jul 16, 2002.

1. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Using WHM backup & NFS

Hello,

Is anyone using the WHM backup script along with an NFS mount? Is this a stable way to perform backups?

What I want to be able to do is have a central NFS server (with ~500GB disk space) that will store backups for all of my servers.

How would I go about setting up such a system? Will a general redhat 7.2 install with NFS enabled do the trick, or is there something much more involved that I must be doing?

The WHM documentation really does not give much of a clue as to how I would go about doing this, so if any of you have any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them!

Thanks!

2. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Come on guys, you mean to tell me that nobody here has setup a really slick backup system using NFS? :) Just think, you could have 4-5 servers backing up to one bad boy server via NFS, and use those slick built in WHM features to auto-restore sites and databases!

Surely someone has tried this? Or maybe I will have to be a trend setter! ;)

3. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Yea...
    Use &rsync& to take care of this though.
    It's 832,110 times more flexible, and it's the fastest shite in the world... well, compared to most solutions for this.

rsync.samba.org

cpanel will build/update rsync on your boxes anyway, coz it uses it too, so it's a win/WIN situation.

Just my .02

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...