Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/usr/bin/sendmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mitul, Feb 27, 2003.

1. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have a script on redhat 7.3 server that uses /usr/bin/sendmail to send mails. The day I have upgraded the server it has stop sending mails fron the script. I could not see /usr/bin/sendmail also. I think it now uses exim to send mails. How do I send my mails now through script as I could do with sendmail.

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

For generic setups, sendmail has always been a symlink to exim. Check in /usr/sbin for a sendmail link, or just symlink /usr/bin/sendmail to exim if you don't want to change your script to use /usr/sbin/sendmail, which should be created by default when cPanel sets up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me how do I symlink with exim?

Thank you,

4. Annette

PartnerNOC

Sure. If you were sitting in /usr/bin, for instance, looking at all the pretty files, and wanted to symlink to exim from there using sendmail as the name:

ln -s /usr/sbin/exim sendmail

5. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. When I executed the command
    ln -s /usr/sbin/exim sendmail it did not show me /usr/sbin/sendmail.

The output of command "whereis sendmail"
    sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail /etc/sendmail.cw /usr/lib/sendmail

Thank you

6. Annette

PartnerNOC

If you do a ls -la send* while you're in the /usr/bin/ you'll see it there if you ran that command while in the directory. This is no different than, say, moving /var/cpanel/bandwidth to another location because of space restraints and then creating a symlink for it.