Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/usr directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khaledhu, Mar 1, 2009.

1. khaledhu

khaledhu Member

Hi,

i found my /usr dir is 91% used, i found under (/usr/local/cpanel/install) many files named core.xxxx where xxxx random numbers and the size of each file around 85MB, i moved the file to another location, but i found another dir under (/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives) used around 2GB, and i think this dir will grow up and the recommendation of cPanel installation is to use small size for /usr , so what can i do with this dir , can i delete these archives or there is another solution.

Thanks in advance

Khaled Hussein

2. JPC-Shaun

JPC-Shaun Well-Known Member

Hi;

core.xxxx files are generated when any process crashes or get terminated abnormally then kernel dumps the data residing in the memory at that time in to a core file so that it can be debugged later to find the cause of abnormal termination. The detailed and well explained description can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_dump.

To make space in the /usr directory you can delete the old logs and clear the current logs from /usr/local/apache/logs and /usr/local/cpanel/logs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...