Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/usr/local/bin/php & /usr/bin/php

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ispro, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member

I've compiled apache with php_suexec support.

Well, then I realized that when I run php in the shell it shows be the old version instead.

I've find that there are three places where php could be located:
    1) /usr/local/bin/php
    2) /usr/bin/php
    3) /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php

1st seems useless... how to avoid of it? Or I will be in need of reinstalling php there as well?..

2nd is used by apache with php_suexec (at least the php used there has /usr prefix).
    This php was compiled by makecpphp which was adjusted to have own configure options and /usr prefix.

3rd is used by apache for cPanel php (!!) E.g. when I run Horde I got another version of php!

So I'm a little confused... I've had installed php with /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty prefix as well just for cPanel to use it for webmails!

Conclusion:
    we was insisted to install php in /usr for our customers to use latest php and do the same for /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty for cPanel itself.

Could anyone explain it? (too many php places IN USE are there...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...