The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/cleanupphpmychat Kills Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myacen, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

On an upcp, this runs and loads go from .50 to 700, and you loose control of the server then you need to get the DC to reboot you. Can cpanel disable this or fix the problem this script is causing? Weve removed it for the time being.

2. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

I upgraded a machine last night and the load jumped up over 500, but it came back. I think I'm lucky. A lot of people have had to go for reboots from what I read. It looks like you may have found the problematic routine.

3. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

I have not seen any specific evidence of what has been said, however some changes were made to the script that should make sure the load does not get high from it.

4. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

upcp day before.
    now though loads are normal but
    cpbackup (incremental) has been up for more than 10 hours and still not over. Normally this used to complete in less than 90 minutes. Any clue??

Can i kill cpbackup safely so that before the next round of cpbackup starts i know that i have only one process on for cpbackup...

TIA
    Anup

5. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

There was a bugfix to cpbackup incremential that would delete files with a . in them (the bug was it would not, even if they did not exist in source but did in destination). This may be taking longer to cleanup, but that still seems excessivly long.