Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailrouteadmin ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jamesbond, Aug 4, 2005.

1. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

I noticed this line in my logwatch:

Cp-Wrap[798]: Pushing "32054 user@domain.com" to '/usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailrouteadmin' for UID: 32054

Does anyone know what this means?

2. yayyo

yayyo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    re: mailrouteadmin

I just noticed a similar reference to "mailrouteadmin" in our logwatch email. It sounds important and worrying doesn't it? :eek:

For the benefit of anyone else searching this forum for "mailrouteadmin" (and suffering a mild panic moment as I was for a while there...) a grep of /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log revealed:-

... GET /frontend/x/mail/showroute.html?email=email%40example.com HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "https://www.one-of-our-domains.org:2083/frontend/x/mail/route.html" ...

In other words the logwatch entry is generated by a cpanel user using the harmless option:-

cpanel >>> Mail >>> Trace an E-mail Address

I hope that helps,
    Marty

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...