The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php error

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by bsolano, Oct 11, 2008.

1. bsolano

bsolano Registered

Hi.

I am getting this error:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to unix://:-1 (Connection refused) in /usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php on line 39
    There was a problem connecting back to the cpanel engine. Make sure your script is ends with .live.php or .livephp Domain name:

What I see is that PHP is unable to read a environment variable that has the name of a Unix socket, therefore it can not open the socket...

Do you how to fix this... maybe I could write to environment the variable by myself before including /usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

B.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. bsolano

bsolano Registered

Already been there...

I am trying to use the PHP API as in here:

http://www.cpanel.net/conference/08/files/APIs.pdf

It seems that there is a Unix socket that does not exists or an environment variable that isn't there.

I am trying to use that because I would like to create my own administration interface. I am customer of Site5. I've bought a reseller plan. I also bought a certificate for my domain. But I can not use it on the :2083 :2087 :2096 interfaces of Cpanel (only for my website). I have asked Customer Service to enable that feature following this instructions: http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/11/whm/service_config_man_cert.html. However they said they can't because they would have to enable SSL for all (as you can see in the step 3 of Only One SSL Certificate Can Be Installed Per Service). That just sucks because I can not offer a secure channel to my customers with my own domain name.

That's why I decided to create my own interface using a CMS. That and the fact that the X3 has the worst usability I ever seen. RVSkinLight is better but is not easy to brand. I do not see how to change stylesheets for instance. Anyway, if I can not use my own certificate for that, therefore I do not care about default interfaces.

Since that PHP API is not working right now... I am creating a PHP library that lets you communicate indirectly with Cpanel using this: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/seminar07/XML_API.pdf. However with that I must use a TCP socket, but Unix sockets have more performance... (By the way this is not working with API2, as you can see in another thread I posted, I get a timeout or something error).

Best regards,

B.

4. karel_wolfs

karel_wolfs Member

same error here

I get the same error here

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to unix://:-1 (Connection refused) in /usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php on line 39
    There was a problem connecting back to the cpanel engine. Make sure your script is ends with .live.php or .livephp

Is this a bug?

5. RSimoes

RSimoes Member
    PartnerNOC

Might that be the problem?

#5 RSimoes, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  6. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

In order to use the live php functionality, the pages must be served by cpsrvd. You'll need to place the .livephp or .live.php files in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$themename in order to access the APIs. Sorry for any confusion, I'll have the README updated for future releases.