The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/usr/local/cpanel/scripts not found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicoladie, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Nicoladie

Nicoladie Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After I reinstall cpanel, I tried to run the backup manually, and discovered I discovered that /usr/local/cpanel/scripts is not found, and none of the scripts were there. Did I need to do something to install the scripts? It was there before I reinstall it, but after, they all disappeared.

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What do you mean re-install. Did you run the cPanel installer script on a normal working cPanel server. Check /scripts folder and see if they are there.

3. Nicoladie

Nicoladie Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I did a clean reinstall for the entire operating system and cPanel and rebuild from scratch, because I couldn't fix the disk quota problem with cPanel, so I rebuilt the entire disk.

I backed up everything from cPanel before this reinstall. After the rebuild, the entire script folder /usr/local/cpanel/scripts disappeared after the reinstallation.

Now I cannot even backup my cPanel because the scripts disappeared. Now I cannot run any scripts because the script folder does not exist any more.

I was wondering if I installed cPanel correctly the second time, or if there is something I need to re-enable to get the scripts back.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You should not have to reload everything in this manner, ever, unless the system has been compromised.

Any files cPanel needs that might be missing for whatever reason, should be replaced on an update. This should force that update.

/scripts/upcp --force

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the scripts directory is missing entirely, /scripts/upcp will not work because it won't exist. Please submit a ticket for us to correct this issue for you using the link in my signature.