The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsqueue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by roscolux, Sep 30, 2004.

1. roscolux

roscolux Registered

Hello:

I use the stable releases of whm/cpanel on a redhat box. This is a new adventure for me, and I’m starting to learn the ropes :). A big thank-you to the cpanel community out there, its great to use software that so many people support.

For the last few days i have seen the following in my WHM: Main >> Server Status >> CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage

under root user with 99% cpu usage:
    /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsqueue

I am assuming this is from when i log onto my WHM and it does a DNS search... But why is it taking up 99% of my CPU at the time?

I also notice that lately only when I log into my WHM does my load average jump above 1.0 (normally lives at 0.4. It spikes to 4.0 up till 5.0 when I log into my WHM (I watch it via top). And I am assuming also that this is because of the dnsqueue command being executed.

I cannot find any information on what this dnsqueue even does...or any logs

Perhaps this has to do with the fact i am using the standard SSL for the connection (I am connecting via https/port 2087 when i log on to WHM)

Any help, and suggestions on how to bring this cpu usage down would be great!

Thank you!