The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v11.34.0.6 - File Manager not displaying in IE8 [case 62021]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Goode, Oct 30, 2012.

1. David Goode

David Goode Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Tried a search but nothing recent shown up.

Since upgrading to 11.34.0.6 one of my clients has complained that if they open File Manager in IE8 the file tree on left and window on right are empty.

I tested with IE9 set to IE8 mode and he is correct. Works fine in IE9 and FF16.

Was wondering if this is a CSS thing with the new Less compiler.

In the IE Developer console these are the errors (domain is xxxxx out)

Code:
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'onDOMReady': object is null or undefined 
    filemanager_optimized.js, line 1 character 2284
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'getSelectedTrEls': object is null or undefined 
    filemanager_optimized.js, line 1 character 15516
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'collapseAll': object is null or undefined 
    index.html?dirselect=homedir&domainselect=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk&dir=%2Fhome%2Fsouthdev&showhidden=1&saveoption=1, line 1 character 1
    SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'getSelectedTrEls': object is null or undefined 

Could use some advice please. Client is part of the NHS so I should be lucky that they have IE8 as most of them are still using IE7 :p

Thanks

David

2. jhollender

jhollender Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    David,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've been scouring the forums for some mention of it all day. Glad I'm not the only one with clients complaining.

Hope enough people raise the issue that it gets resolved. Got a lot of clients who use IE8.

Julia

3. Armstrong440

Armstrong440 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    File Manager Blank

Hello there. I'm a newbie to this business, and I've been using CPanel to host my first site for a couple of months now.

Tonight I went to log in and the sign-in page had changed its appearance, going from a blue colour scheme to an orange one. I logged into the homepage with no problems, but when I clicked on File Manager I was presented with a blank page. Well, it was the File Manager page, but with no icons or folder tree. When I tried to search for public_html the search function seemed not to be working.

I haven't adjusted any settings or done anything other than what I've been doing these past two months. All the other icons on the Homepage seem to be functioning just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestion as to what might be up, and how to set things to rights?

- Steve -

(Edit) Should have mentioned: CP v.11.34.0.6 and IE 8.0

#3 Armstrong440, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. Armstrong440

Armstrong440 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Same problem here: same version of CP and using IE8. I opened my own thread on it as I didn't immediately see this one. Hopefully someone in the know will share that knowledge with us.

- Steve -

5. onef

onef Member

Re: File Manager Blank

Are you using a theme other than x3?

I remember when 11.32 was rolled into release file manager and a few other pages weren't working on a few servers I managed at the time, switching to the default x3 fixed it.

6. Armstrong440

Armstrong440 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Re: File Manager Blank

Yup: am using x3. Like I say, I'm new to this so I haven't messed with the basic settings yet.

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you have root access to the server you might try forcing an update to cPanel to see if that helps. You might also try clearing your browser cache. If you do not have root access, you might want to contact your Hosting Provider about this.

8. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As noted in this thread, there are a few bugs related to IE 8 and portions of the cPanel X3 interface. We are currently tracking down the cause of these bugs. We hope to have a fix out within the week.

Until then the recommended work around (which I know cannot fit all circumstances) is to use another browser. Our apologies to you and your users for the inconvenience.

9. Armstrong440

Armstrong440 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Contacting my Host was the next step, but Cpanel is working fine for me in FF so will wait for the update. Thanks for the feedback.

10. Armstrong440

Armstrong440 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Okay: all seems to be well now. Business as usual...