Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v70 Backups vs v68 (CentOS7)

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by swbrains, May 14, 2018.

1. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

After migrating to a new v70 server from a v68 server, I went into the backup folder to ensure backups had run last night as scheduled on my server server. They had, and I saw all the .tar.gz files in the backup directory with today's date.

However, on my v68 server, I remember recently noticing in the dated backup folder it also contained (along with the .tar.gz files) one =-meta file for each backup tar file. These are no longer present with the backups on the v70 server.

Just wondering if I configured something differently on the new server or if there has indeed been a change in how the backup files are stored.

Thanks!

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @swbrains

I believe this was modified in 70 to accommodate a resolution to an internal case we resolved in v70. They're now stored in the /backups/date/accounts/.master.meta file which corresponds to the SQLite db at /backups/.meta/$user.db

Thanks!

3. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

Ok, makes sense. I just wanted to ensure that I hadn't forgotten to set something on the new server like it was on the old server!

Thanks!

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Of course! Always happy to add clarification :)

Thanks!