Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

v70 ror railsbread connection errors

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by uk01, May 15, 2018.

1. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

Hi we got alerts at 5am this morning with errors based around ROR, railsbread, connection refused etc, apache was working but cpanel, whm, email etc were down. The server was screwed with v70 update.

Our centos servers were fine so I started to think this was something to do with cloudlinux.
    I found an old thread about suspended accounts triggering rubyrails, but installing that didn't help.

After 2 stressful hours and text messages already coming through asking why email was down (5.30am?!!)....I decided to uninstalled cloudlinux and revert back to centos. (This server is 6)

That was a longer process than I though, it takes about 45minutes to run, but half way through services came back online, it completed and booted up ok.

So there is an issue between cloudlinux 6 and cpanel v70 by the looks of it. If we manage without CL I'll ditch the subscriptions for now. Anyone else who gets errors, see this page to uninstall and get the server back up which is the main priority CloudLinux Documentation

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @uk01

Would it be possible for you to open a ticket so that we can take a closer look at the issue? Once you open the ticket please provide the Ticket ID here so we can update the thread as to outcome of the ticket.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. uk01

uk01 Well-Known Member

I would be happy to open a ticket, however as the server no longer has cloudlinux we don’t have the issue.

We can’t reinstall cloudlinux to test or investigate as it’s a busy shared hosting server.

If there are any logs I can send I will do so.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @uk01

The issue is we haven't seen other reports of this and if it is an issue with CL + the update to v70 we'd need to be able to see the environment. If you just converted from CL it may still be possible to identify why the issue occurred.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...