The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valiases ownership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomercy, May 13, 2004.

1. Gnomercy

Gnomercy Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yesterday, I edited all of the valiases files for all the domains on my servers to replace :fail: with :blackhole: using a script to automate the process. This worked wonderfully, except for one thing... it changed ownership on every single file to root.root. To make matters worse, when I created the backup of the valiases directory, I forgot the -p modifier so those are all owned by root as well. /scripts/fixvaliases repaired all the main account files, but it appears that all addon/parked/sub domains are still owned by root. Does anyone know if there's a way to get cpanel to fix ownership on these or will I have to do them all manually?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. Gnomercy

Gnomercy Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I never would have thought that mailperm would fix this issue, but it did.

Thank you much chirpy.

4. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've just come up against this myself. I have a particular valiases file for a parked domain that keeps being reset to the ownership of a different user, no matter what I do. Similarly the ownership of the vfilters and vdomainaliases files for the same domain are reset to the other user. mailperm doesn't correct the problem.

I guess what I need to know is where the ownership of these files is originating from, in order to correct the root of the problem. I can't seem to find the information in the forum as yet. Any ideas?