abdelhost77

Apr 25, 2012
Morocco
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello ,
i notice that /var consuming a lot of space disk , when i further check i found that /var/cpanel/bandwith taking 2G space !

and what is strange is that i found also data for terminated accounts , which abnormal i think !!

Is there any tips to fix that ? it is safe to remove this bandwidth file ? or rotate them ?

abdelhost77

Apr 25, 2012
Morocco
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For example can i remove bandwith files that have not be updated during last 3 months trough the below command ? ( it will correspond to terminated accounts ? ) supposing that all active accounts in the server receive at least 1 hit in week ( which supposed be logged to bandwith file )

find -P /var/cpanel/bandwidth -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -mtime '+90' | while read OLDFile; do
echo "Now deleting ${OLDFile} ..."
rm -f "${OLDFile}"
done

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can remove bandwidth data for terminated accounts if that data still exists, but I do not reccomend removing additional data associated with bandwidth.

Note that the following commands are helpful if you would like to symlink /var/cpanel/bandwidth to a partition (e.g. /home) with more disk space:

Code:
mkdir /home/bwtmp; tar -czvf /root/cp-bandwidth-backup.tar.gz /var/cpanel/bandwidth
mv /var/cpanel/bandwidth/* /home/bwtmp/; rm -rf /var/cpanel/bandwidth
ln -s /home/bwtmp /var/cpanel/bandwidth
Thank you.

Echelon17

May 21, 2006
Hello :)

You can remove bandwidth data for terminated accounts if that data still exists, but I do not reccomend removing additional data associated with bandwidth.
Why is cPanel not cleaning up after itself and removing this data after termination anyway??