The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag file massive

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Metro2, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does anyone know why the file /var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag is constantly growing to huge sizes?

I can rm /var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag and within a day it's back up to 8GB and growing.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    JawadArshad likes this.
  3. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you cPanelMichael.

I'm not sure I follow your exact meaning when you say the temporary workaround is to "move the file out of the way". Are you talking about the ip.pag file at /var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag ? If so, I have been using rm /var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag to delete it manually every so often but it just comes back.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I am referring to the /var/cpanel/secdatadir/ip.pag file. Deleting that file is advised as a temporary workaround, as case EA-4092 should address the issue with a permanent solution.

Thank you.

5. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you cPanelMichael. Definitely holding out hope that there's a solution eventually, as the file grows to surprisingly large sizes and the high volume of "collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection" log instances is a bit unnerving.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Metro2 likes this.
  7. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi cPanelMichael,

Thank you very much for coming back to this and posting that info! Much appreciated!

Now if only I weren't so gun-shy to switch to EA4. I'm running CloudLinux 6.7 and a couple months ago attempted the switch from WHM's EA3 to CL's EA4 instructions and to put it short - things did not go well, so I reverted back to EA3. When I brought the issues here to cPanel support I was told "well you're using CloudLinux's EA4 now" and when I brought the issues to CL support they said "it's still cPanel's EA4" and so rather than let my ticket queue fill up with customers having problems, I went back to EA3 as quick as I could to restore order & operation. (I'm not the only one frustrated with the cPanel/CloudLinux EasyApache relationship if you read the CL boards at all, btw).

But again, thank you! This information will come in very handy someday when I have the guts to attempt converting WHM EA3 to CL EA4 once more.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Metro2,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience on your initial attempt at converting to EasyApache 4.

Feel free to open a new thread when you're ready to consider switching to EasyApache 4 again. We can go through any concerns you have one by one, and let you know if those issues have since been addressed. We pushed out several changes with EasyApache 4 coinciding with cPanel version 60 to address issues with EasyApache 4 and CloudLinux.

Thanks!

Metro2 likes this.