The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/var/cpanel/users/- incorrect IP after transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webignition, Sep 15, 2005.

1. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

A few months ago I transferred some accounts from one server to the other.

Only now have I noticed that for all accounts that were transferred, the data in /var/cpanel/users/ lists the old server's IP for the accounts that were transferred. Unsurprisingly, all accounts created on the new server have the correct IP address.

Firstly, does anyone know why it might not be safe to change all the incorrect IP addresses to the correct IP addresses?

Secondly, does anyone know what the IP address listed for each user in /var/cpanel/users/ is actually used for? When listing accounts in WHM, the correct IPs are listed and from each user's cPanel, the correct IP is also listed. Furthermore, since such IP addresses have been incorrectly listed for some months and no problems whatsoever have occurred as a result of this, do the IP addresses listed in /var/cpanel/users/ serve any purpose at all?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

The IP field is not used anymore.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming this Nick.

I've been hunting around all over the place for any reference to the IP field and was totally stumped!