christiank

May 3, 2004
this is an emergency, somehow /var/cpanel was removed. everything is down. is there any way of rebuilding the /var/cpanel? if so, i'll pay to have it done now.

beebware

Aug 2, 2003
I'm not sure if this will work, but try
/scripts/upcp --force
it /should/ cause the Cpanel system to totally reload. However, vital configuration data is stored under /var/cpanel/ so you might have to just get your datacenter to restore your box to original configuration and then restore each account from backups (which will then create the necessary vital data).

christiank

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by beebware
I'm not sure if this will work, but try
/scripts/upcp --force
it /should/ cause the Cpanel system to totally reload. However, vital configuration data is stored under /var/cpanel/ so you might have to just get your datacenter to restore your box to original configuration and then restore each account from backups (which will then create the necessary vital data).
/scripts/upcp --force...isn't the /scripts/ directory in the /var/cpanel directory? I have no backups, thats the problem. The only solution right now that I can do is have the DC install another drive / mount this drive on another CPanel server and transfer from drive to drive. I have absolutly no control via ssh and such, everything was haulted when /var/cpanel was removed.