The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/var high (73%)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by niccell, Aug 28, 2007.

1. niccell

niccell Well-Known Member

Hello!

Since CPANEL 11, my /var keeps filling up. Below is a list and size...

I keep the logs clean and such, and the server is not overloaded. The odd thing is every few days it seems like there is another percent that I can't delete (I don't know what is causing it). The partition is 4.9GB and it is using 3.8. I just want to avert a crisis... :(

Any advice or assistance please? Is this something I need to submit a trouble-ticket for?

Regards,
    Elliot

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Well its natural for the disk to lose a little more space each day, but you might want to check out your /spool as I dont think there should be anything in there almost 3/4 gigs.

But it would be nice to see if you could get a bigger drive partition as at some point you will use up the remaining space just simply because you will keep adding stuff to cpanel, lib, etc.

As you approach the 90% mark you are asking for trouble as something big might happen and there wont be enough room to handle it even if its just something transitional like a massive email pileup or something with cpanel or logs.

3. wefrank

wefrank Member

Also check the "1.4G cpanel" - I have been on a cPanel VPS for about 6 months and much less (my largest subdirs in cpanel is bandwidth at 24 MB).

Not sure why you would have that much in cPanel

4. niccell

Looks like MailScanner and a directory called /mqueue/.razor is the big culprit culprit.. :(
    Can the "clamav-" files be deleted without consequence?
    Can the razor-agent.log be redone?

Thanks!

5. niccell

Hello!

If there is any more info I can include, please let me know...I'll be happy to provide...I'll wager I'm not the only one with this issue.. :)

Thank you!