The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varnish question

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by MikeTFH, May 31, 2011.

1. MikeTFH

MikeTFH Member

Hey guys,

Posted this in another thread, not having much love with a few people arguing.

Thanks!

2. nobodyk

nobodyk Well-Known Member

Don't know the exact reason why varnish is listening on port 81, but it's caching your web content on port 80. So there's no need to use port 81, though I wouldn't block it.

3. MikeTFH

MikeTFH Member

Thanks for the response. When I make the cut over, varnish will be on 80, with apache at 81.

I just want to test to see that varnish will work (Port 81) ahead of time.

I already updated the WHM settings to set apache to listen on 81 and I started Varnish on 80, however it suffered from the same issue above.

4. cesarlwh

cesarlwh Well-Known Member

Hi have the varnish with apache and cpanel on 10 servers and on all server i have two problems.

1-If i download a file with 10M the download stop before completing the file size, ex. stop after downloaded 2M

2-If i download a file with 10GB the error 503 is displayed and the download not start.

I am using this options to run the varnishd:

varnishd -P /var/run/varnish.pid -a :80 -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl -p thread_pools 3 -p thread_pool_min 150 -p thread_pool_max 1500 -p thread_pool_add_delay 2 -p sess_workspace 32768 -s malloc,1G