The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varying performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rit.kh, Mar 13, 2015.

1. rit.kh

rit.kh Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi, I've got cPanel set up on dedicated hardware with a single website on it for testing. Although the website is working, there appears to be a delay of 30-50s on the first packet seemingly randomly. See output below:

upload_2015-3-13_12-15-17.png

Nominal loading:
    dotcom-tools.com/DetailView.aspx?id=A9C52D32C4FA4DAB976F0CCC26CD9C8F:1

Delayed loading:
    dotcom-tools.com/DetailView.aspx?id=A9C52D32C4FA4DAB976F0CCC26CD9C8F:14

Should I be looking within cPanel for a cause of this, or is it more likely networking? I've check the net gear and it all appears fine, but am not sure how to further diagnose cPanel.

#1 rit.kh, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. rit.kh

rit.kh Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This happens regardless of static/dynamic content it seems. I've just tested a HTML-only site on the same account and it produces the same results.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I suggest consulting with your data center to verify there are no network issues that could be harming the load times of the websites. It doesn't seem like an issue with the cPanel or Apache software if it's happening for static HTML pages.

Thank you.

5. rit.kh

rit.kh Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi, I've been through extensive diagnostics with my datacentre and the issue is not with them. It's definitely something to do with cPanel or the way cPanel has configured the network.
    The setup's rather simple. I have cPanel running within an OpenVZ container with the IP [Removed]. Using website availability tools, this IP (test: [Removed]) is working fine from around the world.

The domain [Removed] points to the above IP address. cPanel is configured with an account for this domain and it's set up alongside 2 other accounts on this shared IP.
    However when testing [Removed] using the aforementioned tool, I get about a 50/50 success rate.

Why?

Further diagnostics: The domain [Removed] is linked to one of the other accounts on the same server, but has a dedicated IP address. The availability for this URL seems to work fine. It's just the shared IP that's giving dramas.

#5 rit.kh, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and rule out any cPanel-related issues. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.