The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin cPanel Forums Upgrade and Features!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WireNine, Jan 14, 2009.

1. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I think you guys should upgrade your vBulletin to the latest vb 3.8 and enable Quick Reply option for users.

Enable the community enhancements, this would be really helpful for interactions with other users on the forums and possibly increase the amount of replies in a topic with more useful information.

Categorize the forums properly as well, they are just a mess.

Not sure which category this would go in since there is no feedback forum, but with a little bit of improvement you can turn this into a heavily populated cpanel community talk forums :)

Out of 100,000 users only 4,000 active members. Think about it.

Thank you!

2. hightekhosting

hightekhosting Active Member

I agree with Wire....definitely some options there that should be considered.

Food for thought! ;)

3. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Perhaps that is because 996,000 users don't have any problems with cpanel, or don't actively monitor the site for issues? :)

4. darren.nolan

darren.nolan Well-Known Member

If it "ain't" broke, dun fix it.

Unless of course there is security updates to be concerned with.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Lots of spammers on the memberlist that were never removed. Have a look for yourself.

Care to explain this one a bit? I'm just curious. I own several VB forums for many years and host many more, like a lot of us I'm sure. While I think the newest VB features do add something to a community forum, I'm not sure what Social Groups could bring to this forum. What else is missing? Forum profiles are already in use.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/member.php?u=10864 :)

I do agree there could be a few small improvements in this area.

I think cPanel keeps up with this ok. 3.8 has only been out a week or so.

6. WireNine

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just think they have disabled some of the very basic features of this forum such as quick reply.

A lot of the time users would post cpanel concerning issues on other forums such as Webhostingtalk.com when they could post here. Honestly they can turn this around into a better peer to peer community helpline for cpanel users, that would lessen the load on the support team and allow the developers to continue working more efficiently on the development of cpanel.

There are a lot of issues which should be posted publicly so others with the same problems can resolve the issues on their own. I've seen a lot of the time users requests, feedback, issues and other posts completely go unnoticed or ignored. You will find a lot of threads dating back to whatever with no replies.

I don't see the need for social groups, etc. But 3.8 has other great features see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2334 :)

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Ah, you want the addon blog. I've got the blog for my users, it's ok I guess. Surely there would be no reason for them here though. (IMHO)

Do you really think every cPanel "user" should post here with their problems? Isn't that job of supporting the end user, for the host that provides the hosting? I believe that's the idea here. This isn't a Linux support, website support forum though.

Requests and bugs can go ignored because they're to be posted on bugzilla for the Developers.
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/

The QR might make posting easier if you're in a hurry. We'll have to assume the owner didn't feel it was needed. Me either. And it can slow page load of threads. Got a VB with it enabled? Disable it for a day or two and see the difference. ;)

My 2.

8. WireNine

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The end users of cpanel servers, not the clients of web hosting companies.

All I really want is the quick reply :D