Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Verification e-mail taking too long to send?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by plank223, May 4, 2017.

1. plank223

plank223 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, I am currently using cPanel and hosting my website on HostGator. When users are registering on my website, a verification e-mail is being sent to them. However, the e-mail is taking too long to send(6 minutes) and it is being sent from the default e-mail account. I want to change this to send from a different e-mail and also not have such a delay. For clarification, the verification e-mail is sent from a php function(mail()) in the register.php file.

Thanks in advance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. plank223

plank223 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, thank you for the response, however, your linked documentation got me stuck. There is no configure greylisting option if I follow their steps. I can't find it anywhere in cPanel right now and I have been searching for quite a long time. Do you know where this option could be?

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    My apologies for not being more clear. This option may or may not be available in your cPanel. If you do not see the icon mentioned in the docs, cPanel > Email section> Configure Greylisting, your Hosting Provider may have the option disabled for your account's Package.

Contacting them might be best.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. plank223

plank223 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, RadWebHosting(sorry I don't know your real name:), do you know how I can get a third-party e-mail service(and are there any you would recommend). If possible, can you stay talking to me on this thread while I solve this issue and thanks in advance.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    His post was removed, unrelated to Disabling greylisting which I believe is your issue. Have you asked your Hosting Provider about this yet?