The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verify Sender with Forwarders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOT, Dec 4, 2003.

1. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a site that I just added, and the email is set up such that the default address is set to a forwarder and the forwarder forwards the email to two off-server email addresses, one of which is at aol.com.

AOL is reject all the mail that is coming that looks like spam (and it is pretty accurate in this assesment) so it won't leave the server, so the server then tries to send it back to whence it came, but that email is bogus (obviously) so they are now sitting in the queue and the queue is filling up quickly.

Now, first of all, I thought that Exim verifies the addresses of senders before it accepts an email. This does not appear to the be the case for a forwarder though.

I have messages in my exim_reject.log that indicates it is reject many messages based on the verification of a senders email address.

Why does this rule not apply to mail coming in to a forwarder and how can I make it do that?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Anyone have an input on this?