Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Verifying RHEL 3 version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by te2586, Jul 5, 2005.

1. te2586

te2586 Member

Is there any way via command line to verify which update release of RHEL 3 my servers are running? The one thing I have seen with regards to this was the redhat-release package, but it seems to be in a up2date skiplist somewhere (though I haven't configured skipping that selection myself)...

I'm also curious if there are any up2date channels that might be beneficial for RHEL3 boxes?
    I have several servers with ServerMatrix/The Planet and therefore don't have access to the RHN network via the web, so command line methods are what I'm limited to.

Thanks in advance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

/etc/redhat-release does hold your current release information, so long as you have installed the latest redhat-release rpm:

up2date -uif redhat-release

SM/TP, like most large datacentresa use their own RHN mirrors for their customers to use, saving them on RHN and bandwidth costs.

For a server box, there's no need for any channels other than those that SM/TP will be providing for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...