The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very confused by a mail issue...Help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JSBurlison, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JSBurlison

JSBurlison Well-Known Member

I am a super novice.

I am very concerned about this problem. I have had all my mail from the server forwarded from the accounts on my server go my gmail account for some time and have not messed with them in WHM or Cpanel for a long time.

I had quite getting emails from one account long ago and was not too concerned about it since things were still working.

Here is the situation. I have an email address on one domain on my server, in a subdomain I have my store. I get emails from my store when I get orders and it has the information if it was paid or not and what products they are. A separate email address is my paypal account and that is the one I am not getting emails from.

I went to take a look at it and didn't see anything wrong except there was no forwarding on it. Not sure how and when that went away. I set it to forward and sent a test email from my gmail account and got this.

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected -removed- (state 14).

I contacted the hosting company and asked about this. The first thing they asked me if I had been spamming people. Well I have not sent a single piece of spam ever. This email address is my paypal account and I don't use it for anything else.

The host said that email address was blacklisted but the other email addresses on the server share the same IP address and work fine.

If the email address was blacklisted why would it come back as rejected by the recipient domain? I am completely confused by this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jon

#1 JSBurlison, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have removed the email address from your post. It's sure to be picked up by spammers if left exposed like that.

If I understand your post, your host is blocking that gmail account for some reason. How often does that account at gmail send an email to your domain email account on that server?

3. JSBurlison

JSBurlison Well-Known Member

This hosting company said they were not blocking it but that It was being blocked globally.

I used to get two emails when I would get a sale, about 8 a day.

One of the email addresses (the store itself) I get emails from). I would also get an email from the paypal email address.

The gmail account has only sent 4 emails in years to any of the addresses. The only reason I have sent emails to the addresses on the server is to test the email accounts when they were set up. I tested to see if the forwarding worked.

The told me that the paypal account email address on the server was blacklisted. I am a bit confused by all of that.

I do have a dedicated server (actually a resellers account but I don't resell). Not sure if this is important but the server is not shared.

#3 JSBurlison, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Nothing can be done from here I don't think. You'll need to work this out with your host, or find a new one.

Which blacklist? Ask him to show you that list.