The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very idiotic newbie question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by el nuke de cain, Jan 24, 2004.

1. el nuke de cain

el nuke de cain Registered

hi there

im new to this forum, however im very familiarized with Cpanel's use since almost all my webhost providers had it included; but now ive just hired a new hosting service and i found myself without an installed Cpanel like the others i had, so i decided to download it from here and try to install it myself in the server but its pretty confusing.

despite i read all the directions i didnt get almost anything about how to install it and make it work; so i came to the forums and have already used the search function in order to look for any previous thread with a more simple explanation or tutorials about how to install but i didnt find anything i could use and im still stucked in the installation without any progress.

may i ask you please if anybody of you can explain me about it? or provide me with a link to a tutorial or something similar (maybe i didnt see it)? it would be a great help for me.

for example i read in the READ ME file included with the package i downloaded that i had to type something, i understand that, but where must i type it in?? thats the big question

thank you in advance

PD i downloaded the last package of cpanel in your download page. (the one in the top) i mean this one cpanel-fedora1-install.sea in the layer 1

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 el nuke de cain, Jan 24, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  2. el nuke de cain

el nuke de cain Registered

anybody there?

anybody there? or is it my question so idiotic to be answered??

thanks

3. bonnmac

bonnmac Well-Known Member

Are you trying to install to a shared hosting account? Or do you have root access to the server?

The installation guide can be found at http://cpanel.net/install.html