silentcircuit

Nov 19, 2002
Hey guys, I was lookin around on my server today and if you are like me you miught have had some problems if moving your server from one location to a new one and having to go through IP changes, DNS changes and all the other things that go along with it. Well today I went into "/var/cpanel/users" and noticed that the IPs it had listed for all the accounts from the last machine are the IPs of the last machine, all new accounts are of course correct but still. I dont know what services use "/var/cpanel/users/user" but if any do for the IP field then they are causing some confusion with the machine. So maybe cpanel needs to write another script for when we port over our accounts to a new machine. Anyways, hope this helps some people out.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Originally posted by Juanra
Don't worry, that value is not used for anything now.
If that's so, it must have happened over the weekend. I have file dates of June 11 & 12 -- one was changed, one was created.

silentcircuit

Nov 19, 2002
she is just saying that is not being used for anything that would cause problems. It does get updated and it does get created with a new account. So we will have something to worry about in the future, just not now. :)

Juanra

Sep 22, 2001
Spain
Originally posted by silentcircuit
she is just saying that is not being used for anything that would cause problems. It does get updated and it does get created with a new account. So we will have something to worry about in the future, just not now. :)
It shouldn't cause any problem in the future either. This has been so at least for almost a year now.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3808

PS. It's he not she ;)