The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very new to WHM.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alydis, Aug 31, 2006.

1. alydis

alydis Registered

Hi,

I'm very very -very- new to the cPanel/WHM stuff. In fact, I'm so new, I don't even know what to search for. I've tried the website for information and reading through some of the documentation, but I haven't really had any luck. So, let me just post my question and scenario here:

I am working on a small web project requiring lite/moderate security. I am not reselling anything. It will only be 1 domain, and 1 website. I originally acquired cPanel/WHM because I wanted a simple way to control the access that my developers will have to the server. In other words, I wanted to give the ability for developers to administer, create, and manage their portion of the website -- including creating MySQL tables, restarting/rebooting the server, etc -- via the cPanel interface.

Reading the cPanel website initially gave me the impression that I could utilize the power of cPanel/WHM to easily create and manage accounts, and control the access of my various users.

Is cPanel/WHM capable of doing this? And if so, could anyone point me into the right direction as for more reading material/some advice as to how to set this up?

Thanks in advance,