Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Very serious e-mail problems between Cpanel servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by cruz, Nov 14, 2003.

1. cruz

cruz Registered

Dear admin and advanced users of Cpanel,

I seriously need you help on this. I am a reseller of a hosting company and they uses several Cpanel servers. There is a serious e-mail problem in between different Cpanels that I reported months ago and is still not resolved by the hosting company.

(E-mail accounts in general)
    The problem is that e-mail accounts setup on Server1 cannot be received at Server2, 3, 4.. etc. In other words, all e-mail accounts on the same server can communicate with each other, but any e-mail going to different servers are lost without any error message.

To put the story short, if I have 50 domain accounts setup on each servers, and each has 2 e-mail accounts. All 100 e-mail addresses' e-mails on Server 3 cannot be received at any e-mail account of other servers.

Please give any comment if you can. I seriously need a lot of help on this.

Thank you in advance!

2. cruz

cruz Registered

I would like to add that the e-mail problem is only in between Cpanel server e-mail accounts. I could send and receive e-mails just fine with others like yahoo, hotmail, etc.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

This might be related and possibly help you fix the problem.

I've had 2 instances in the last 1.5 years where I couldn't send or receive email between servers at the same datacenter. I noticed because I wouldn't get my billing emails at month end, or emails related to help desk tickets. My server providers site was on a different server in the same datacenter so I imagine the problem existed between my server and all others there.

Both times, here is what the helpdesk said and did.

for some reason the route:

209.xxx.xx.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

was on your server which prevented our server from connecting. I removed the route with the following command:

route del -net 209.xxx.xx.0/22 eth0

And the two servers are able to communicate again over the network.

I don't understand exactly what was done or what the problem was, but it fixed it both times. They said next time I can just run that command myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cruz

cruz Registered

Thank you very much for your reply. Hopefully the data center is able to solve this problem.