Very strange account creation problem ...

nino

Member
Mar 21, 2005
16
0
151
Hi,

We're facing a very strange problem with one of cPanel servers that we've never faced before. This server is part of DNS cluster and we've noticed the problem when we realized that the DNS record was not being created for the new account. Now, we've also noticed that the account is not listing in the WHM interface.

When we create a new account we get no error reports, everything seens to be going fine. The home dir and the /var/cpanel/users/[user] file gets created, apache is configured but no DNS Zone and no listing in WHM. Also the "Add a DNS Zone" function from WHM is not working. When I try to create a Zone no error gets reported but the zone is not created.

The DNS zone templates are fine, and if we create an account in other server that is part of the cluster everything goes fine. The problem seens be related to this server WHM ...

Any hints ? Any /scripts/fixsomething solution ?

Thanks,
Antonio.

PS: cPanel & OS version:
WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-S114
RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
 
Last edited:

nino

Member
Mar 21, 2005
16
0
151
Solved out ...

Hi,

We're facing a very strange problem with one of cPanel servers that we've never faced before. This server is part of DNS cluster and we've noticed the problem when we realized that the DNS record was not being created for the new account. Now, we've also noticed that the account is not listing in the WHM interface.

When we create a new account we get no error reports, everything seens to be going fine. The home dir and the /var/cpanel/users/[user] file gets created, apache is configured but no DNS Zone and no listing in WHM. Also the "Add a DNS Zone" function from WHM is not working. When I try to create a Zone no error gets reported but the zone is not created.

The DNS zone templates are fine, and if we create an account in other server that is part of the cluster everything goes fine. The problem seens be related to this server WHM ...

Any hints ? Any /scripts/fixsomething solution ?

Thanks,
Antonio.

PS: cPanel & OS version:
WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-S114
RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Hi again,

I've traced the problem to an outdated perl module. Yes, the IO:Compress problem that was in the "warning" message in the WHM front page. *BUT* the fix script that the warning told to run didn't fixed the problem, I thought so, but it haven't indeed changed anything.

Anyways, I've upgraded the module by hand. Also I've found out that the problem with the WHM not listing the account was due too incorrect information in the /var/cpanel/users/user files ...

Found everything out just by trying to create a new account with /scripts/wwwacct. Lot's of error messages on the screen ... (I wonder why the WHM interface haven't showed any of it ...)

Thanks anyways,
Antonio