The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERY strange behavior in WHM/cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badger58, Aug 31, 2004.

1. badger58

badger58 Registered

I made a few minor changes to my hosted domains, having to do with logs and web stats settings. After saving the change, several odd behaviors have surfaced.

1) When I list domains, and click on the cpanel for the domain, instead of getting the cpanel, I get the text of the redirect. Example:

Code:
    0.0.0.0 - foo [31/Aug/2004:10:54:35 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 301 0 "foo.com:2086/scripts2/listaccts" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1"
    HTTP/1.0 301 Moved
    Server: cpsrvd/9.4.0
    Connection: close
    Content-type: text/html

<a href=/frontend/x/index.html>The Document has moved here</a>

If I manually type in the "/frontend/x/index.html" part of the URL, I get taken to the normal cpanel page. This did not happen before I modified the config. It happens in both explorer and firefox.

2) awstats no longer loads, it prompts me to download awstats.pl which, when opened, shows an error page that is too long to post here. The relevant text states "<body>Your browser does not support frames.<br />
    You must set AWStats UseFramesWhenCGI parameter to 0
    to see your reports.<br />" . This browser supported frames yesterday, I suspect it does today, as well. Also, this did not happen before changes were made.

3) stats don't appear to be running. It's been well over 24 hours since the last stats runs, and the stats are not being updated. I can't find a setting that says when these stats are supposed to be run.

Here are the changes I made in order, as best as I can remember.

Edit /etc/logrotate.d/apache
    Added /usr/local/apache/logs/access_logs error_logs and suexec_logs to be rotated on a daily basis, at 7AM.

Tweak Settings:
    Uncheck Analog stats
    Uncheck Webalizer stats
    Save

After reviewing some of the sites, I decided I should re-enable those. Also decided to implement log file deletion after stats, and to save the raw logs on each individual server for historical purposes.

Tweak Settings
    check analog stats
    check webalizer stats
    check delete each domains access logs after stats run
    save.

I then went in to a couple of sites cpanels and edited the raw logs to save after stats run. It was then that I noticed the problem.

Any help would be appreciated it.

2. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

Did you try the usual suspects?

/scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/sysup
    /scripts/upcp

These tend to fix funny WHM behaviour a good %99 of the time for me.

3. badger58

badger58 Registered

Thanks, I should've said before that I'm new to WHM, I'm helping a friend out, and I'm used to doing everything by hand. All this fancy GUI stuff is confusing. :)

Are these scripts that can be run with minimal effects on the site? Or should I wait til a lull time?

4. denisdekat09

denisdekat09 Well-Known Member

I think this is what they do if I am not wrong:

/scripts/updatenow

Updates the Cpanel scripts

/scripts/sysup

Checks for new OS updates, rpms and such

/scripts/upcp

Checks for latest Cpanel version and downloads stuff.

Sometimes /scripts/upcp --force helps out the most as it forces Cpanel to reinstall. I find that these scripts have minimal negative impact, as a matter of fact, they tend to fix littel strange Cpanel behaviour at times. If you are new to Cpanel, check out the /scripts directory and read up the code and such :) It should help familiarize with the way things work (it did help me)...

Good Luck :eek: :rolleyes: :D

5. badger58

badger58 Registered

I'll run those tomorrow morning, thanks for the heads up. FWIW, here is the version info:

WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.0-C20
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v3.1.0

6. badger58

badger58 Registered

That does seem to have fixed the strange behavior. I wonder if just restarting cpanel would've helped to. Maybe next time.

Unfortunately log rotation still seems broken. Apparently this has been an issue for a LONG time. I guess I'll address that in a different thread.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

7. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

if the logrotation is still an issue please put in a support ticket so we can look into it.