The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very strange - home dir weird on transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by philoxenia, Sep 13, 2007.

1. philoxenia

philoxenia Member

Hi,

I'm using WHM 11.11 CURRENT. I just transferred an account form another server. It showed up fine in WHM and cPanel worked, but no files were being served. Turns out there was no directory in /home, but that all the files went to /home/virtfs/accountname1/usr/man/accountname2

I moved the files back to home and now it is serving fine, but cPanel doesn't recognize any email accounts, etc. It still has the other homedir listed.

Anybody have an idea why this happened (WHM config says /home!)? And how I can get cPanel to recognize the right path?

Thanks,

John

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    For some reason /home/virtfs/accountname1 is appearing to have the most disk space free.

Builds later then 17039+ will specifically ignore any mount point with 'virtfs' in it.

3. philoxenia

philoxenia Member

Thanks, Nick. I'll have to check into that. Is there anyway to manually set the homedirectory for an account so that cPanel will recognize everything in its proper place (in /home/accountname) ?

(wwwacct.conf has "/home" correctly already)

#3 philoxenia, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  4. philoxenia

philoxenia Member

I'm also confused since this in on a small VPS - the main drive is mounted at / and there is a mirror at /tmp -- but nothing at the point you describe.

5. philoxenia

philoxenia Member

More precise question

I deleted the "home" option for homematch, which I think would prevent this in the future (?), but is there any way to manually update cPanel's settings for the homedir?

Thanks!

6. philoxenia

philoxenia Member

Update #2

OK, I found /var/cpanel/userdata and changed the paths there, but I'm puzzled because even after a reboot no changes show up in cPanel (which is still listing the other path). Are these stored in a database somewhere, or am I missing something else?

Thanks!