The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Strange Incorrect Time Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

For some time now my server (running FreeBSD 4.8) has been having rather odd issues with the time. When I check my mail through IMAP in Mac Mail it always shows up 4 hours behind the correct time (my server is the same time zone as I am in). For example, if I send an email at 10:43 AM it will show up in my email box that it was sent at 2:43 PM.

I also wrote a PHP script that I load in my browser and set it to auto refresh every 10 seconds so I can monitor the time. Every once in a while the time will show 4 hours ahead but the problem with my mail showing it arrived 4 hours laster always exists.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I checked the time on the server in SSH by entering 'date' when the incorrect time was showing up in my PHP script and it was correct. I cannot figure out why it's doing this and I've also tried resetting the time on the server.