The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very strange problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NetX, Jan 11, 2007.

1. NetX

NetX Well-Known Member

My server reponses to ping or traceroute fine, the load is low and normal but noboy (in different countries) can access normally the domains/mail on the server.

I checked dns, bind, named and all is ok, i dont have a new firewalls or something like that, i didnt take new action to cause this.

Yesterday all was working perfect and today you take up to 5 minutes to acces a simple domain with a basic html page (if you dont get before a time out response)

When i connect via ssh, if i execute a command like "ps -fea" or "top" i get desconnected the server do nothing.

I informed to my server provider (theplanet) and they checked the server and the network and they say that all is ok.

But my problem still there and worst, I supposed it was my isp, but i had a lot of calls from clients in different cities and countries with different isps.

I dont know what more to do.

Any suggestion?

2. HelloAdam

HelloAdam Well-Known Member

Hey,

I suggest that you try a tracert or traceroute from your home computer to the server.

Just by reading your post here is what I come up with

1) Something wrong with the network at your server or clients ISP

2) Something server side

Now I would have to say it would be number 1. It could be something outside the datacenter like your ISP has a down router or a router that is over loaded. A tracert will pin point this problem.

Other then that, I can't think of anything.

From,
    Adam