The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very tedious JAIL USER BY DEFAULT option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, Apr 14, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. I have a couple of boxes dedicated to resellers only. One box has 50 resellers, who have created 287 accounts. Out of 287 accounts 75 have been setup with no shell access. In order for me to jail the remaining 212 accounts I can either jail 212 one by one or i can use the JAIL ALL USERS button to jail everyone. If i jail every account, there is no logic in the code that says if site has shell access, jail the user otherwise leave the account alone, those accounts with no shell access are also flagged as jailed? :confused: Now going back into Manage Shell I cannot determine which accounts were the 212 and which accounts were 75. Unless i have written down all 75 sites on paper that have no jail access, there is no way of knowing which account is which?

cPanel is supposed to make Web hosting easy but this is extra work because no thought has been put into this at all.

Next..

My resellers create and delete account daily. So they delete one and create another. After i have spent hours doing the above i then have to go back into Manage Shell to see who has created new accounts. Because if i dont, new accounts created are not jailed. :( Now i have to babysit my Manage Shell screen by the hour and by the day to jail new accounts created by my resellers because there is no default setting anywhere that allows me to tell WHM that all new users created by my resellers should be Jailed by default.

Terrible!

#1 sexy_guy, Apr 14, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2003
  2. blackicerage

blackicerage Member

erm just give everyone jail shell.. if they dont use it they dont use it ...... DUH common sense

3. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Listen "DUH", some charge more money for shell access, some clients really do not want it and get very pissed if they find it on. "Common Sense" would have told you that.

4. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member