The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Very New To This

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim43, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Tim43

Tim43 Registered

I have been reading the forum, I don't see my answer.

Hello , Tim here.

I bought the Social Niche Builder and in their video they use cpanel. I did not know I had to get this. I checked out cpanel website and not sure what I am supposed to buy.
    I did a search for dedicated servers in my area, am I supposed to sign up with them once they are found through cpanel?

All I am trying to do is FTP these files into a server. I have done it on godaddy and I have Homestead already. However, Homestead does not support PHP.

Any directions would be nice.

I emailed Niche support, but nothing yet.

Thank You

Tim

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just find what you feel is a quality Cpanel web hosting provider. There are a gazillion of them (some quality, some not - nothing to do with Cpanel adn everything to do with the host themselves).

Some may be able to support the package you want, some may not. You certainly aren't going to need to need to purchase Cpanel itself and a dedicated server unless you already know you are going to use tremendous resources above and beyond what is available in a standard hosting account.

Just look for a provider that provides web hosting using the Cpanel package.

In summary - just use whatever Niche recommends. This site is basically for server administrators, not end users. You may find a web host on these forums who would like to hsot your account though. Niche is probably the best people to ask because I imagine they will recommend a speicfic company who already has experience supporting their customers who want to run this specific software.

Mike

#2 mtindor, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008