The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VestaCP to cPanel

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by aldi, Jan 10, 2017.

1. aldi

aldi Registered

Hi I am looking to install cpanel on my current host and move away from the vesta control pannel I have tried to install but it errors out. My other idea was to backup the server take a copy then wipe the server and install as fresh but a little worried this would not work it is only a wordpress site with sql database the rest of the sites on this I am not too worried about as they dont have anything on them that I cant put back on east.

Or is there another way that could do this?

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

cPanel requires a fresh operating system in order for the installation to succeed. You'd need to backup the website and any data associated with it (e.g. email accounts, databases) to a remote location, reinstall the OS, install cPanel, and then create an account for the domain name via Web Host Manager. At that point, you can manually import the data using the paths on the following document as a reference:

How to Manually Migrate Accounts to cPanel from Unsupported Control Panels - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

We're happy to help answer any questions throughout the process.

Thanks!