The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Plugins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonessc, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jonessc

jonessc Registered

Hello!,

I'm very new to cPanel and am still almost at the end of my free trial

cPanel do not seem to support any video/music streaming plugins, and I dont seem to get much factual information from google other than installing FFMPEG.

Can anyone recomended a plugin for cPanel that will allow users to play music/video that they have done in there account? (I will be hosting for some small bands that want to publish music/video conent)

I would also like for this to be enabled only on specified user accounts, so it wont be available to all users.

If anyone has any experience in this as well, what sort of loads does this generally put on servers?

Thanks for any info. :)

Scott

2. jonessc

jonessc Registered

I found this thread, which was helpfull if anyone was looking for the same information as me, it covers the installation side of things:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/installing-ffmpeg-mplayer-78343.html
    Install ffmpeg, flvtool2, mplayer, mencoder and ffmpeg-php in Cpanel/CentOS | L i j e e s h . I N

The only other question unanswered is whether FFMPEG can be enabled only on specific cPanel accounts, as I do not want to allow everyone access to it, due to it being resource intensive.
    :)

Thanks

Scott