The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View data of tables in php

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by MihirG, Jun 19, 2011.

1. MihirG

MihirG Registered

The address of our school's website is /http://www.stjosephjalgaon.org

We have an online admission form, the data of which is stored using php. Our website is hosted by a company called Infomanav and to see the admission forms, they have created a login at /http://www.stjosephjalgaon.org/admin page. From here, we can access the form, however, we cannot delete them. So, I want a different method through which we can see as well as edit the forms. Can it be done? I have full access to cPanel.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Whoever coded the script for the form will simply need to add the ability to remove data. It might be better to have data you do not need archived in some way rather than deleted. Most times, you probably aren't supposed to remove admission form data due to needing to keep it for record keeping purposes.

3. MihirG

MihirG Registered

Thanx for ur prompt response!
    Ok, I will tell Infomanav to add a button. But, cant I myself access and edit or delete some of the entries manually without anyone's help?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have PhpMyAdmin available in cPanel, then you could via PhpMyAdmin in the database directly, but I would not want to advise how to perform this task for anyone who is not familiar with MySQL, since the entire database could be destroyed.

Of note, anything that is done to the database, you would want to ensure to make a backup of the database every single time. Backups are the essence to good account administration.