The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View Disk Usage in cPanel with IE 9 requires Compatibility mode enabled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metro2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet (I did a quick forum search but turned up nothing).

In "Disk Usage" section of cPanel:

If you try to expand the directories (for example - click the + sign next to public_html to view sub-directory disk usage) in cPanel 11.30.x using the latest Internet Explorer 9, the sub-directories will only appear for a second and then turn invisible. The only way to make them visible is to turn on "Compatibility" mode in Internet Explorer.

This is kind of a pain in the neck (mainly confuses customers) so I'm wondering:

Is it possible for cPanel devs to adjust the Disk Usage feature in 11.30 so that Disk Usage sub-directory details can be view in IE 9 without having to enable Compatibility in the browser?

Thanks in advance to any cPanel staff who read / reply to this.

PS - I know it's inevitable that someone will say "just use FireFox" etc... but I'm not in the habit of telling my customers which web browser they should use. People don't like being told that viewing a web page requires a special browser. Such a thing is not good for business in general.

#1 Metro2, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. pixelpadre

pixelpadre Member

Yea I noticed that File manager wont work either.

I was using IE8 and file manager quit working. I dont know if I tried compatibility mode then, but I went ahead and downloaded IE9 and File manager wouldnt work until I clicked on compatibility mode.

Morons at my hosting company couldnt figure that one out. I didnt bother to tell them the solution. I'll just let their ignorance tie them up with hundreds if not thousands of angry customers.

AND YOU ARE RIGHT. THEY TOLD ME TO CHANGE BROWSERS AND THAT REALLLLLLLY PIST ME OFF.

#2 pixelpadre, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  3. RationalRabbit

In addition, it takes an unbelievable time to load and the results are almost useless to the average user. There's an old saying ... "don't fix what isn't broken".

And why does the JavaScript in cPanel Mail functions not work in the latest versions of Internet Explorer and FireFox and why the heck has this obnoxious error not been fixed?

I could got on here. After many years of using WHM/cPanel I am ready to jump ship. Some of this stuff I can put up with, but I can't expect my customers to.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The fastest way to get results when you find something not working properly in your cPanel is not posting to these forums, instead you should post it here: http://go.cpanel.net/bugs

Please feel free to link this thread in your ticket so they can read your comments and get up to date faster on the issue.

Thanks!