The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View in MYSQL 5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackpx, Jun 12, 2007.

1. jackpx

jackpx Registered

I need to create a view in MYSQL 5.X; I am using MySQL Front but when I try to make it it shows me error of permits:

Error Code : 1142
    CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'XXXXXX'@'IP' for table 'MyTable'

The user has all the permits asigned from cpanel.

How I can solve this problem?

Thanks.

2. Maccer

Maccer Registered

I would also like to know how to solve this. Can the web hosting provider somehow setup cPanel to automatically give the "create view" privilegie when the user has the "create" privilegie?

Also, why is there not a checkbox for the "Create View" privilegie in Cpanel?

3. rzderich

rzderich Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Looks like these feature is not considered in the security arquitecture of cpanel + phpmyadmin combination, create view works like the creation of a new database from the phpmyadmin perspetive?, (simply we cant do that, or a user could create infinite number of databases)

Some one have any experience with these?

Best Regards

Roy

4. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The easyway to get around it is to add the create view privilege for the user to that particular database using phpmyadmin in WHM.

I dont think this poses a security issue because it only allows the customer to create a view on a database he has access to. I'm guessing its just an oversight by the cpanel developers and it needs including.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edit, I did this successfully for one user recently but I'm trying to do it again and the privilege isnt available in the list.

#4 4u123, Oct 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but having the same problem this produced a solution for us. Hope this information can help someone else out.

After upgrading from 4.1 to 5, we had the same issues as outlined in this thread. create view would produce a permission denied error. Viewing the current privileges produced errors.

Running the script :

/usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables

Allowed us to edit user privileges again using phpymyadmin through WHM (not cpanel). After loading this up we were able to edit the user and enable the select and view commands. This fixed the problem for us. oddly running a standard "grant all" command form the mysql prompt did not, even after the privilege table had been repaired.