The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View Legacy Restore Progress

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Shane3673, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Shane3673

Shane3673 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How can I view an existing Multiple Legacy Restore Process? I started it Monday. Yesterday it was at 53%. My computer installed updates and restarted (not the server, the one I was logged into WHM with). By the server load I can tell it is still restoring, but can't seem to figure out how to check on it after I have already "closed" the browser I started it in. I know I can view it from SSH too, but I did not write down the cmd it gave me for that.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I suggest using a command such as "ps auxf" and look for the process related to the restore (restorepkg). Note that the process may not remain active after closing your browser.

Thank you.

3. Shane3673

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    root 7516 0.0 0.5 197496 53284 ? Ss Mar23 0:31 transfer_session - 101202273legac20150323133126o9FVxNhe - MASTER
    root 7520 71.1 5.2 673280 531400 ? R Mar23 2353:38 \_ transfer_session - 101202273legac20150323133126o9FVxNhe - RESTORE:2
    root 7526 71.7 5.0 665436 515904 ? R Mar23 2373:28 \_ transfer_session - 101202273legac20150323133126o9FVxNhe - RESTORE:5

Looks like this would be it, but how do I view it? After the last major update, it gives you a SSH cmd to view it via SSH, so closing the browser doesn't do anything but lose the progress screen on a browser. It is still available with the SSH cmd. I am pretty sure the cmd incorporates the number I found here, but don't know the rest. If I had a spare server, I am sure I could figure it out by doing another multiple legacy restore and looking at the cmd it gives you and modifying it with this info.

Also, as a side question, why does it take so long now to do these restores? These used to get done within 12 hrs before the update, now most of them get stuck on Horde preferences for over 12 hrs. The server that creates the backups is on the same version of everything so it's not like it has to up-convert Horde stuff to a new version or anything.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I believe you are referring to the following script:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager

Code:
    Usage:
        /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager <activate|add|delete|delete_all_failed|delete_all_finished|delete_all_pending|delete_all_regardless|delete_finished|is_active|list|list_active|list_finished|state>

activate - Starts processing of the current queue
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager activate

add - Add a user to the restoration queue for a particular date [YYYY-MM-DD]
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager add user=accountname restore_point=2012-03-25

delete - Delete a user from the pending restoration queue
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete user=accountname

delete_all_failed - Delete all entries in the finished restorations queue that failed
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete_all_failed

delete_all_finished - Delete all entries in the finished restorations queue that passed
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete_all_finished

delete_all_pending - Delete all entries in the pending queue
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete_all_pending

delete_all_regardless - Delete all entries in all queues regardless of their status
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete_all_regardless

delete_finished - Delete a user from the finished restorations queue
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager delete_finished user=someaccount start_time=1355336425

is_active - Determines if a restoration process is currently in progress
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager is_active

list - Lists all entries in the restoration queue
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager list

list_active - Lists accounts currently being restored
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager list_active

list_finished - Lists accounts that have already been restored
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager list_finished

state - Lists all restore states and determines if a restoration process is currently in progress
              Ex: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup_restore_manager state

Additionally, if you prefer to get the script version of the output, export the ENV variable FORCE_SCRIPT_OUTPUT=1
    You should not experience extra delays in restoring an account that was packaged on a server that already uses the same version of Horde included with cPanel on your new server. Feel free to open a support ticket if you want us to take a closer look at that.

Thank you.

5. Shane3673

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'll update next time I do a restore. Don't think that is was these cmds I was looking for. The restore process finally finished last night according to ps auxf.

Also, both servers update automatically and are on the same CPanel version so I would think they would have the same Horde version. I went to check it through SSH, but I keep getting No such file for /var/cpanel/horde/version on both servers. How do I check the version?

I also think I should mention that I have Horde and Squirrel Mail disable to users on Webmail screen, but I would think if Horde was completely disabled on both servers, it should not get stuck on Horde preferences. I do also have MailScanner on both servers.

6. Shane3673

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

The cmds you listed were close, this is what I was looking for:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/view-transfer thenumberyougetfrompsauxf

Still having accounts get stuck at Horde preferences, and as far as I know the versions of Horde are the same. Not all accounts though, about half.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.