View *only* outbound emails from server

jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Using cpanel tools how does one specify to view a lists of outbound emails from all domains, not including inbound to email accounts. When I look at the cpanel email delivery feature I can't figure out how to specify a time/date range AND only outbound emails and not those coming into the system.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can perform something similar (or it appears so) in WHM > Mail Delivery Reports

Search dkim_remote_smtp against Transport

or

-remote- against Delivery User

I took a screen shot, but the forum isn't allowing me to attach it.

jeffschips

Jun 5, 2016
new york
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It works - shows results - although I must admit I don't know the definitions of "Transport" or "Delivery User" are, so I'm at a loss as to what the results mean.

The purpose of this exercise is because I use the very useful tool Postmark's DMARC tracking feature which monitors my outbound emails for spoofing, etc.

Typically I receive a weekly report showing the total number of emails sent by my server along with how many pass/fail dmarc/spf tests. It's very useful to see if there is a compromise or similar in addition to just letting me know how my emails are performing.

Suddenly this past Monday I received a report that only 4 emails were sent by my system for the entire week when usually I have about 40-60 per day.

I tried to troubleshoot by looking at deliverability. I see that many, many emails reported connection times out and other similar errors (there was also a report in the news about gmail getting hit by something. .. ). Don't know which direction . . . connection time outs TO my server or connections time out TO the external mail system.

So if you look at the attached screenshot you will see that in this snippet which is only one of many, the FROM and TO are the same [email protected] TO [email protected]. I can't understand why my server would be sending email FROM my domain TO my domain as well as reporting a connection timed out.

thing.png

Last edited: