The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing Disk Space Breakdown on Accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to see how much space an account is using with their MySQL Databases and Email Accounts?

It would be nice if it would show this information in the list of accounts in WHM instead of just the total amount of space used.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Specific disk usage should be contained to cPanel only. WHM should provide generals--if you start to add mysql usage, email usage, etc. you start to bog your machine down when someone access WHM.

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to view the amount of space taken up with email accounts in cPanel?

The problem I have with logging into cPanel is that is records my hostname for my clients to see. Then they wonder why someone else has logged into their control panel. So what I do is go into their home directory via SSH, copy their hostname, log into their cPanel, edit the .lastlogin file and replace my hostname with theirs which is a real PITA.

Do you know if there's a way to make it so when an admin logs in with the root password it will not replace the hostname? I've tried looking through the files but it looks like the files I need to edit in order to do this are encoded.

4. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

You can either log into the persons control panel to view email usage or do it via shell.

Also, if you use https://domain.com:2083 with the clients username & root pass then your IPs reverse dns won't be shown.

5. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I tried logging into an account via https://www.domain.com:2083 but it didn't work. It just came up with a server not found error. Do you know what I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks for the help!

6. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

If you want to view the disk usage of a mail account the following command will do it for you:

du -sch ~username/mail/domain.com/mailbox

where username is the domain username, domain.com is the client domain and mailbox is the POP username.

e.g. john@mydomain.com (CP login: mydom) would be:

du -sch ~mydom/mail/mydomain.com/john

If you want to access the client control panel and not have your log in recorded chattr +i the .lastlogin file in their home directory before you login and then chattr -i it again once your done.

chattr +i ~username/.lastlogin

7. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    https://domain.com:2083/ should work in any Browser, if it doesn't you may have other problems you are not aware of. This is by far, the easiest method as it shows: Last login from localhost -- which many do not even pay attention to.

8. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Are you running a firewall on your server? You probably have 2083 blocked.