The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Email Script

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jpp, Feb 15, 2004.

1. jpp

jpp Registered

Hello,

I am hosting a site with cpanel and I want to provide email to the users of my site. They all will be virtual user.

Is there any script by which I can offer "free email service to site users" by giving them email a/c. like yahoo, hotmail, etc. and also keep pop access for myself.

My hosting company will give all type of back-end help as required.

Please help and oblige.

jpp
    All Indian Newspapers

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

3. jpp

jpp Registered

my problem is very different

Thanks for the comment.

My problem is very different as I am already having members on my site and I wanted a script that will help my user to get their mails from one catchall account and this all will be virtual. NO SEPERATE MAILBOXES. and that too dynamically and/or automated system.

Please advice.

Jpp

P.S. : I had read this script :)

All Indian Newspapers

4. bman

bman Well-Known Member

the best thing is http://www.hivemail.com
    you can set it up to be like hotmail or make it for a closed group of people

5. drewtemp

drewtemp Member

I'm thinking that you have one main mail account (wildcard). When an e-mail is sent, it still has the "TO" address in it to which e-mail it was sent to. Such as an e-mail being sent to "nonexistingaccount@domain.com", then it will be sent to "mainaccount@domain.com". This shouldn't be quite hard. I recommend the use of a MySQL database to post all of your accounts that are reserved or in use. This may be complicating for a newbie. I also recommend using a verification process like I did so you don't attract spammers that will use that e-mail address to spam. Trust me :P. A simple verification system could be doing something like this:
    PHP:
    <?php
    $key 
    md5("hashkey".time());
    //Mail code below this. You're on you're own there. Make an activation page though so it will activate the account and do a link like [url]http://domain.com/activate.php?key=[/url]$key
    ?>
    I think I got your request right. If I didn't, then I have no idea. If this is what you are talking about, I could help you out a little except on the POP connection part.

6. jpp

jpp Registered

Any Scripts

Thanks for all efforts,

Is there any script which I can impliment on my site and that too preferably free.

Jagdish Purohit
    All Indian Newspaers