The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus question

Discussion in 'Security' started by Fnorbel, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Fnorbel

Fnorbel Member

Hi.

A while ago, we had a virus on our server. I had ClamAV installed, but that one didn't notice the virus (I told it even by hand to scan the directories I knew the virus was into, but Clam didn't find anything). Avira Antivir didn't find anything either, but the Eset Scanner did.

So I removed the virus. A month later it's back. How? I don't know. I'm not really a system administrator. Still: does anyone have any advice on that subject? How does the virus get there, and where does it come from? And what can I make the system safe?

Thanks for any advice.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

What kind of virus is it?

Please provide us more details. Is this something related to database, web files, malware?

It may be possible that your local system is infected from where you do FTP. I would recommend to scan your local machine with latest anti virus and also make sure that you use latest updated version of any third party installed softwares or scripts. Always choose strong passwords and store them in secure place. You may also look at the permissions of /tmp directory.

3. tocdoxinh

tocdoxinh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Using different anti-virus software