The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus scanning software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Dec 20, 2004.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm looking to install virus scanning software on all of our servers in the coming weeks. I have installed Exiscan (the one from http://cpanelappz.com and has the incredibly long thread here) on a few servers to test it out. It seems to work pretty good. I have somewhat lost out on all of the options for virus scanning. There is a clamavconnector in the WHM now. How is this different from Exiscan? Is one better than the other? What happened to MailScanner? I'm just looking for the best option available. Back when I installed the Exiscan package, I believe it and Mailscanner were the only options, and there were some problems with MailScanner causing high loads, thats why I opted to try Exiscan. However it seems to be like a 3rd party entry, so would one of the other options be better? I'm just looking for advice.

Thanks

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Essentially cPanel has dropped its support of MailScanner. Chirpy on this forum has continued to make available and keep updated his MailScanner install script. http://www.webumake.com/free/mailscanner.htm
    In recent weeks he has also made available as part of his cPanel package a nicely done integration of MailScanner with cPanel/WHM.
    HTH