The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viruses in zip files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wipl_piyush, Apr 10, 2004.

1. wipl_piyush

wipl_piyush Well-Known Member

Hello All,

From last one month i m getting a lota of Password Protected Zip files with virus infection. I m on cpanel server with Mailscanner + clamav + F-prot......but still these files are getting delivered with out any "Possible Virus Infection" tag.

Is there any way out to kill this sort of mails.

All how could i make sure that my mailscanner is using both clam and f-prot definations for scanning ...I had already made the congif in the Mailscanner.conf file for both clam and F-prot.

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

There's a way with MailScanner to block Password Protected zips..read through the conf file :)

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should also make sure that you have the latest version of MailScanner installed as they have done a lot of work inthe last 2 stable releases directly related to virus zip files.

4. wipl_piyush

wipl_piyush Well-Known Member

Hello -

Thanks for the reply...i had already used /scripts/mailscannerupdate and it has updated it...all which option i need to change in the mailscanner.conf file to do it in older version.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

/scripts/mailscannerupdate doesn't upgrade MailScanner, it just updates the Exim configuration to use MailScanner. When you upgrade to the latest version, the configuration file will have the new settings put into it.